There is good reason to be concerned about the air quality in your home or commercial property. The EPA reports that indoor air is often between two and five times more polluted than the air outside. Hall's HVAC offers products and services to improve indoor air quality in Southern Maryland. Whether you are worried about mold growing in the crawlspace or dust and other contaminants in the air, we offer customized services for cleaner, healthier air.
Get in touch with us today at (301) 273-7999 to learn how we can help improve your air quality.
The Impact of Air Quality
Indoor air quality can have significant impacts on health, overall wellness, your HVAC system, and your property, depending on the specific contaminants in the air. The EPA warns about the negative impact on human health with short-term and long-term exposure to air quality. When exposed to poor air quality over an extended period of time, it can contribute to serious cardiovascular and respiratory health conditions.
The effects of poor air quality include:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Aggravated allergy or asthma symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Heart disease
- Respiratory disease
In addition to your health, poor indoor air quality can impact your property. For example, pollutants in the air can clog the duct system and your heating and air conditioning equipment, which can result in discomfort and wear on the equipment. Humidity issues can cause mold growth or damage wood furnishings and flooring, depending on whether the level is too high or too low.
A variety of equipment is available for improving indoor air quality in Southern Maryland. The right equipment for your property will depend on the specific problem with your air quality.
Enjoy better air quality with:
- Humidifiers – If the humidity level is too low, it can dry out everything from your sinuses to your expensive wood flooring and furniture. A humidifier increases humidity in the air.
- Dehumidifiers – When the humidity level is too high, the house will be uncomfortable and excessive humidity encourages mold and mildew growth. A dehumidifier can lower the humidity level to discourage mold growth.
- Air scrubbers – An air scrubber is attached to the ductwork to clean the air as it moves through the ducts. An air scrubber can remove pet dander, dust, surface contaminants, VOCs, odors, and other pollutants.
- Air purifiers – Air purifiers can remove allergens, mold spores, chemicals, and help reduce airborne disease, depending on the type of system you choose.
A licensed HVAC technician can listen to your concerns, evaluate your air quality, and inform you of the options that are best suited to your needs. Your technician will make sure your new equipment is installed for reliable performance.
“They always have that “customer first” mentality which is very important to me.” - Katie P.
“From the first contact to the final day to install Halls HVAC was on time and very professional in all aspects.” - Laura T.
“We are very pleased with the work they performed and would highly recommend their service.” - Martha C.
“I will definitely be using his company for any further HVAC issues/maintenance I may have in the future.” - Mariah W.
“I have had nothing but the best service from George Hall and his staff at Hall's HVAC.” - Brian B.
“Hall's installed the new unit some years and back and there is no one else I would have to maintain my system.” - Don D.
“An extremely hard-working group that will work with you to suit what is best for you, providing sound options and service at an honest and fair price.” - Ken P.
“He is very professional and pleasant to work with and maintains good communication throughout the process.” - Brandon S.
At Hall’s HVAC, we take the time to walk you through the different options for improving indoor air quality in Southern Maryland to help you choose the equipment that is right for you. We provide quality installation to provide the best possible results.
If you need more information or want to request a free estimate, please contact Hall’s HVAC today at (301) 273-7999.